Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Answered Prayer


I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. So many of the memories I have revolve around this desire. Countless stories come to mind that I would like to share at some point. However what I want to share with you today is the prayer I began praying when I was 19 years old. Whenever the desire to be a mama filled my heart with a longing that made me catch my breath, I prayed, "Let it be done unto me according to Your will". Mary's prayer 2000 years ago was my prayer for over a decade. The Lord used that barren season of my life to bear much fruit. My desire for children spilled into the lives of many others and I am a "mama" to so many little ones whose real mamas I helped to toss out the pills and open themselves up to LIFE. Glorious life! As I hold my answer to prayer in my arms I thank my heavenly Father for answering my desire AND for using my desire. How good is God?! What ever your unfulfilled longing is, the Lord will use your passion to fulfill His will and, trust me though I know the ache of longing, His timing IS perfect.

4 comments:

kellybollman said...

oh, that was good. really good. :) Love you Nat!

Anonymous said...

We love the fact that you are part of our little family. I just wish I lived closer so I could get some good time in with M.

Lincoln said...

Write more! Get a computer! Get a t.v.! I love you!

kellybollman said...

It's now October... maybe time for some more thoughts from Natalie. :)